Saturday 7 September 2013

Cookie Butter Stuffed Snickerdoodles



I don’t know about you, but if I don’t bake for a while, I get a craving to bake.  Not necessarily to eat the baked goods, but to make something.  It’s the process of creating that I enjoy so much – it’s an outlet of creativity and an anticipatory experiment of what can result from mixing ingredients and applying heat.

I was browsing Foodgawker for the third time that day and some snickerdoodle posts peaked my interest.  Since I had a couple jars of cookie butter in my cupboard, I thought I’d try incorporating it.  What’s cookie butter you ask? Think Biscoff cookies blended into a creamy spread aka the best spread every, far surpassing Nutella or any nut butter. Yup, I said it.


Check out the verdict at the end of the post!

Cookie Butter Stuffed Snickerdoodles
Adapted from here.

Ingredients
½ cup salted butter, softened
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
Cookie butter

Coating
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoon chocolate sprinkles (optional)


Directions
1.  Beat butter and both sugars for 3 minutes with the paddle attachment of a stand mixer.
2.  Add egg and vanilla and beat for 7 minutes until light coloured and fluffy.
3.  Mix flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a bowl. Add to butter mixture and beat until just combined.
4.  Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
To bake:
5.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
6.  Scoop a portion of dough using a 2 inch ice cream scoop. Press an indentation in the dough, place a heaping teaspoon of cookie butter in the indentation and press the edges over to cover the filling.  Roll into a ball.
7.  Roll in a small bowl with the sugar, cinnamon, and sprinkles.  Place dough on baking tray and bake for 13 minutes.  Allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes before cooling on rack.
 
Dough's ready for the fridge.


Before baking.

After baking.




Verdict: These were fantastic! I’ve made snickerdoodles before, but I forgot how good they can be - chewy with a perfect addition of cinnamon. The cookie butter filling complements the cookie perfectly in flavor and in creamy texture.  They were snapped right up at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment