Sunday 29 May 2011

Skor Toffee Cookies


I love Skor. It is my favorite chocolate bar.  It’s so thin, but so good!  Something about the crunchy toffee sets it apart from all other chocolate bars.  So, why not incorporate it into a cookie (obviously)?!  I got this idea when I found Skor toffee bits in my local supermarket’s bulk section.  It was such a novel (and awesome) ingredient that I had to use it in my baking.  The result was a veeeery tasty (tast-e) cookie that got rave reviews from my friends (and their husbands!) who could not stop eating them. Yup, they’re that good.


Left: Skor toffee bits; Right: Chocolate
Skor cookies
Base recipe adapted from here.
Makes about 22 cookies

Ingredients
1 1/8 cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup room temperature butter
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt (take it down to ¼ tsp if using salted butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
½ cup Skor toffee bits
½ cup roughly chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips*

*Alternatively, I have made these cookies with all Skor toffee bits and it is delicious.  Just replace the chocolate with more toffee to extenuate the flavor.

Directions
1.       Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.       Whisk flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
3.       In a bigger bowl, mix butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4.       At salt, vanilla, and egg, and beat until well mixed.
5.       Add flour mixture and beat until combined.
6.       Stir in Skor toffee bits and chocolate.
7.       Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  They should be 2 inches apart.
8.       Bake until they are golden around the edges – about 9 minutes.  After removing from the oven, let them sit on the baking sheet for 1 minute before moving them to the cooling rack.

Cookies before baking

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful! Why haven't I tried making this before? I found you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this cookie widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about cookies,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete